Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Month...Four!



Eli will be 4 months old the day before Thanksgiving! I honestly couldn't believe how much I loved having a newborn. That was the part I was most afraid of when thinking about Eli's life. I liked it so much I never wanted him to be anything beyond that. Such a precious time! But, I've got to say 3 1/2 to 4 months is where it's at. I looove this part. He is so aware! Rob built his excersaucer the week before last and we put him in it and he just seemd so little. Emily and I put him in it this past weekend and he was touching everything and really aware of it. He changed so much in just a week! CJ's birthday (he turned 11) was last Saturday, so I went to visit them. Auntie Monica weighed herself with Eli and said he weighs 13lbs. That means he is just about 1lb away from size 2 diapers! Oh my baby!!! I am going to start feeding him rice cereal (or the oatmeal one) this weekend. Everyone I know that recently had a baby said this is the timeframe that they started doing that. Also, Eli is on the verge of teething (yikes!). He runs his little finger through his mouth and he's drooling quite often. Also, when I feed him a bottle he moves the nipple to the side of his mouth...I think it feels good to him. He goes to his Dr. a week from this coming Monday and I look forward to that appointment. I believe that Eli has eczema : ( He has rough circular patches of skin on his back and legs. My niece, Alyssa, has this and Monica said that's what it looks like! I guess one of my Mom's Grandfathers had this. I will see what his Dr. says. Other than that he is healthy and going along just fine with his development. I love how expressive he is. The many faces of Eli. I think I'll always know how he's doing...no poker face with this kid! Monica surprised me for my birthday with this picture of Eli. She bought a camaflouge outfit for Eli and CJ and took a picture of them together for my Dad (we share birthdays) and then this one of Eli in a frame that says Life Is Better With You. I'm having the time of my life right now. I love being a mama. I continue to thank God, daily, for this gift. What an honor to be his mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment