Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy Bear

During my pregnancy Rob would ask regularly, "How's mama bear doing?" I loved being called mama bear. In fact, when thinking about what I hoped Eli would call me someday it was always mama. Not momma, but mama. So, naturally when Eli came along I had to call him baby bear...which turned into bear after a few days of being home. I keep a daily log of feeding times, how many times he poops and pees, when he takes naps, how he slept the night before, etc. When he takes naps I write sleepy bear and when he is up and alert I write awake bear. His nickname has taken on a life of its own! It makes the tracking fun for me. My niece Alyssa even made up a song to sing when he is upset..."He's a happy happy bear, he's a happy happy bear, whose a happy happy bear? He's a happy happy bear." She takes his stuffed bear animal that Aunt Margie got for him (in honor of my name for him) and she makes it dance as she sings the song to him. He LOVES this. He always stops crying. I think it's her sweet little kid voice because I've sang him that very song and the magic is lost!!!
Rob told me that Eli's going to think his name is Bear for as much as I call him that ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment